fiction favorites…Mokie and Bik � Orange Marmalade

fiction favorites…Mokie and Bik � Orange Marmalade


The Orange Marmalade blog has done a  lovely review of Mokie and Bik - I'm smiling at what she says about the story and words, and agree whole-heartedly with her thoughts on Jonathan Bean's art. I was going to say she's chosen two of my favourite illustrations - but then, I think of some of the others, and am not sure I can choose.

 Featuring children as unflappable as Pippi Longstocking, bursting with nonsensical words and invented verbs that waltz and yabber and sing, this book is exuberant and warm-hearted and highly original.  I found it by searching for work by one of my favorite illustrators, Jonathan Bean, who has adorned these pages with enchanting, turn-of-the-century, Edward-Ardizzone-esque pen and ink drawings.  Sigh.  He gets it exactly right.
If you’re looking for something out-of-the-box and full of spice for your young-but-stalwart reader, check this out!
To see the blog and read the whole post: fiction favorites…Mokie and Bik � Orange Marmalade

Mokie & Bik available from amazon.com
or direct from the publisher:Henry Holt

Labels: , , , , ,