To celebrate the release of Facing the Mountain in Canada I'm posting some pictures of some of the origins of the story - which I'll be talking about on Cheryl Rainfield's blog on Monday/Tuesday. I did a similar post when it was released as Raven's Mountain in Australia last February - I used Polyvore.com then, which I found interesting but a  bit frustrating, trying to find the right images: this time they're my own photographs of things that have sparked thoughts. 

Vancouver Island summer, with my 
friend Gay from Red Deer Alberta 

Inukshuk, Vancouver
My cousin's horse, on a ranch north of
Lillooet, BC

fossilised shark's tooth, found in Colorado
sheltering from hailstorm while climbing Pikes Peak
with my dad

foothills of Pikes Peak
Mount Rundle
waterfall on Vancouver Island





And the finished book! (Also available as e-book) If you don't win one of the 5 copies in the Goodreads giveaway, look for it in good bookstores,   or  from amazon.ca, or  Chapters  

Labels: , , , , ,