Wendy Orr’s RAVEN’S MOUNTAIN � Love That Book – Books for the Young

Here's the first online review that I've seen for Raven's Mountain, on the "Love that Book" blog. I still haven't read 'Hatchet' - somehow I'd missed it before I wrote the book, and decided against reading it while I was writing. I finally bought it last week - and feel much happier about reading it now that the first comparison has been favourable. ( Always daunting to be halfway through working on a book when people start telling you about how similar it is to something they've loved...)

Wendy Orr’s RAVEN’S MOUNTAIN � Love That Book – Books for the Young

This reminded me so much of Hatchet by Gary Paulsen, that exciting survival story that so many have loved. A family has a weekend together hiking and camping in the mountains. It is supposed to be a time of bonding and healing but a freak accident has the young girl Raven trying to get help. She can speak to her sister through a crack in the rocks but has to leave her there. She has no compass, no food or water and there are bears around.
Very very exciting. Chris

Labels: , ,