Nim the Girl Scout

Of all the honors Nim's received, I think this is the one that's excited me most: the Girl Scouts of Northeast New York now have a Nim's Island patch, and the first 75 girls are already working on it. They've also invited her to be an honorary girl scout. I am so thrilled about this - I think Nim would love to be a girl scout if she lived a bit closer to other kids. I was a brownie when I was little, and it meant a lot to me. I loved working towards and getting various badges, and it seems amazing that something I've created should become a badge for other kids to work on.

Connie Thaler, the project developer for the Girl Scouts of Northeastern New York, has given me this link to the project plan for the patch. It's an excellent, thorough project touching on all sorts of areas of skill and life - have a look.

www.gsneny.org/Images/File/program/GSNENY.Nim.Information.2.pdf

Labels: